Functions in national societies
The scientific exchange of ideas and the involvement in non-profit organisations constitute a major purpose of life for me and offer me the possibility to contribute to the public welfare of the Swiss population.
- 1981 – 2008
- Secretary General of the Swiss Heart Foundation
- 1982-2008 Member of the Scientific Committee
- 1988-2008 President of the Commission for Information and Prevention
- 1999-2002 President of the Commission for Nutrition
In this position was co-responsible for various programmes:
- Introduction of the emergency phone number 144 in Switzerland
- Programme „Cardiac emergency“
- Long-term programme „Woman and Heart“
- …as well as for several campaigns and programmes that have had and continue to have a major impact in the field of cardiology and its developments in Switzerland
- Responsible organiser of national and international congresses and of other events
- Collaboration in creating several informative brochures of the Swiss Heart Foundation (today 90 information brochures are available) which cover for over 90% of the cardiovascular information available for patients.
- Seit 1998
- Member of the Management Board of the AGLA/GSLA (Swiss Working Group Lipids and Atherosclerosis of the Swiss Society of Cardiology, SGK/SSC), 2006-2008: President
- Co-author of the AGLA/GSLA Treatment Guidelines for Switzerland regarding Heart and Cardiovascular Diseases
- Co-organiser of several national and international Congresses on the theme of atherosclerosis and risk factors
- Speaker at national and international meetings, in particular on subjects regarding the treatment of cardiovascular risk factors
- Since 2009
- Vice-President of the Swiss Heart Foundation
- Since 2013
- Member of Foundation Board of the ZAIM (Zurich Academy of Internal Medicine)
Member in other national and international scientific societies and committees.